Canara Bank is a public sector bank which is one of the largest government-owned banks in the country. Canara Bank was established in the year 1906. It was nationalized in the year 1969. Canara Bank has a wide network of 6639 branches and more than 10,600 ATMs in the country.
The bank also operates branches in many foreign countries. Canara Bank’s credit cards are divided into the following categories.
- VISA Credit Cards- Classic and Gold
- Master Credit Cards- Standard, Gold and World
- Corporate Credit Card
Canara Bank Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
People who are interested in getting a Canara Bank credit card should know about the eligibility requirements as mandated by the bank for applying for a credit card. This is the list of the eligibility criteria.
- The applicant should be an Indian national or a non-resident of Indian origin.
- Minimum required age to apply is 21 years while the maximum age limit is 60 years.
- The minimum annual gross income limit is Rs 100,000. The applicant can be self-employed or salaried.
- The applicant must have a satisfactory credit history. The applicant’s credit history is verified against the credit ratings of CIBIL.
Canara Bank Credit Card Documents Required
An applicant required to submit the following documents at the time of applying for a credit card.
- Address proof documents- Aadhar card, telephone/electricity bill, voter card, etc.
- ID proof documents- Passport, Aadhar card, driving license, voter card, etc.
- Copy of the PAN Card.
- Income proof documents- IT returns/salary slip/latest balance sheet.
- Passport size color photographs.
- Bank statement for the last 3 months.
Individuals wanting to apply for a Canara Bank credit card can also contact the customer care cell of the bank for queries and other details related to credit cards. The numbers are as follows
- 1800 425 0018 – For Master cards
- 1800-222-884 – For VISA cards
Both these numbers are 24×7 toll-free numbers.