Central Bank of India is public sector bank with headquarters in Mumbai. The bank was established in the year 1911 and was nationalised in the year 1969 by the government of India. Central Bank of India has a network 4730 branches and 5319 ATMs across 27 states and 3 union territories in India.
Cheque is a popular method of withdrawing money and making payments. Customers of Central Bank of India wanting to apply for a new cheque book can do so through either online or offline methods.
Online cheque book request can be made by customers possessing internet banking accounts with the bank. The step by step method has been mentioned here.
- Visit the official website of the bank centralbank.net.in and log in to the net banking account by entering the user ID and password.
- Select the “Services” option from the dashboard.
- Click on “Cheque Book Request” option from the drop down list.
- Type the account number for which the cheque book request is being made.
- Select the number of leaflets that you require in the cheque book.
- Check the delivery address.
- Confirm the details and submit.
The cheque book is dispatched after the request is confirmed. It usually takes about 1-3 weeks from the date of request to receive the cheque book.
For submitting offline request, the customer needs to visit the home branch. The steps are as follows.
- Go to a bank official and ask for a cheque book form.
- Fill in the form provided by the bank. Write the details correctly.
- Sign on the given places on the form.
- Submit the duly filled form with the bank.
A new cheque book is issued by the bank and sent to the registered address after the request is processed successfully.