HDFC Bank is a private sector bank which started operating in India in the year 1994. The bank has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Currently, the bank has 4715 branches and 12,260 ATMs covering 2657 cities and towns in the country. HDFC Bank is offering a number of online fund transfer facilities including NEFT, RTGS and IMPS.
- NEFT payment system connects all bank branches coming under this system all over the country.
- NEFT transactions are cleared in batches with number of fixed batches everyday.
- Rs 25 lakh is the limit for online NEFT transfer. However, there is no limit for NEFT transfer from branches.
- NEFT timings are between 8am and 7pm for all working days from Monday to Saturday.
- NEFT transfers made after 6.30 pm are processed next day.
- NEFT transaction charges for HDFC have been mentioned here.
Upto Rs 10,000 – Rs 2.50 + Applicable GST
- Above Rs 10,000 and upto Rs 1 lakh – Rs 5 + Applicable GST
- Above Rs 1 lakh and upto Rs 2 lakh – Rs 15 + Applicable GST
- Above Rs 2 lakh – Rs 25 + Applicable GST
- RTGS is a real time fund transfer facility. There is no waiting period in case of RTGS transfers.
- The minimum amount for RTGS is Rs 2 lakh. There is no higher limit in case of RTGS through bank branch but in case of net banking, the upper limit is Rs 25 lakh per day.
- Timings are from 8am to 4pm for Monday to Saturday.
- RTGS charges are as follows.
- More than Rs 2 lakh and up to Rs 5 lakh- Rs 25 + GST
- More than Rs 5 lakh- Rs 50 + GST
IMPS is a service through which the funds get immediately credited to the beneficiary account. The service can be accessed by mobile phones. Charges are as follows.
- More than Rs 1 to Rs 1 lakh- Rs 5 + GST
- More than Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh- Rs 15 + GST