Passbook is quite an important document for everyone as it helps in keeping track of the transactions in the bank account. This is also true for the SBI Account Holders. The best part about the bank is that you do not have to stand in queues to get the passbook updates as the bank has now started setting up machines in the bank branch which can update the passbooks automatically. These machines are really quick and all you need is your account number to complete the passbook.
You may also need the passbook to file your income tax return as it is one of the required documents. In addition to this, if you have lost your passbook then you might feel that you are in trouble but do not worry as we are here to help you. In this article, we are going to share two different ways with you to get the SBI Passbook. Let us now have a look at these details.
Getting the SBI Bank Passbook Online
The process to get a copy of the passbook is not yet available online but you can surely request an online statement with the bank. The online statement is as good as passbook as you can print the statement and it also has all the details that are listed on the passbook.
The only issue with the online statement is that you might not be able to use it as Address Proof when required. Now, let us look at the process to download the online statement with SBI and then we will talk about the Offline Process to get the passbook.
- To start the process to download the SBI Online Statement, you need to visit the Online SBI website. The link to the website is https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Once you visit the website, select your account type and login to your account. This will take you to the dashboard of the account.
- From the dashboard, select My Accounts and you will see many options on the screen. You need to click on e-Statement from the list of options.
- Select the date range or the time period for which you want a statement for. Confirm the request and within a few minutes, you will receive the online statement on your Email Address.
- This can now be used by you to check the transactions or to file the income tax return. The procedure will surely help you in saving the visit to a bank.
You may like to check how to activate SBI Net Banking
Getting the Hard Copy of the SBI Bank Passbook
To get the hardcopy of the passbook, you will have to visit the branch as this procedure is not available online. You can follow the instructions listed below to get the passbook replaced.
- Visit your nearest branch for SBI and do not forget to carry your ID Proof, Account Number and a Bank paper with yourself.
- Now, write an application to the bank manager to request a reissue of the passbook. This is mandatory as there is no form available to get the passbook reissued.
- In the application, it is mandatory to write the account number, the date range for which you want entries and the reason of reissue. Now, submit the application to the bank.
- The executive will verify your details and he may also ask you for your ID proof. Once that is done, they might inform you about the charges applicable.
- Post-confirmation, the passbook will be issued to you and you will be able to tally the transaction details.
This was all about getting the passbook replaced in SBI. We would suggest you to use the online method to get the transactions history because the online transactions are as good as physical passbooks. If you are facing any issues with the net banking then you can get in touch with the customer services. The contact number for SBI Customer Service is 1800 11 2211 and they are available 24×7 to help you.
It should be noted that the reissue of the passbook is usually chargeable and we would recommend you to confirm the same with the executive in the bank. They will be able to confirm the charges that are applicable to the reissue of the passbook.