The Tamilnad Mercantile Bank provides all its clients a cheque when they open an account with it. The number of cheques differs in the case of current accounts, depending on the category of the account. If one runs out of the cheques, he or she can request a new cheque book, which the bank provides at an extra charge of Rs 3 per leaves.
How to apply for a new cheque book offline
- To request a new cheque book offline , a client of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank has two options, namely, either to register a request via phone banking or to visit the bank personally.
- To exercise this option, one has to first call up Tamilnad Mercantile Bank’s helpline number 1800 425 0426. The caller could co-ordinate with the phone banker to register a request, which would later be sent to the bank to be processed.
- The other option at client’s disposal is to visit their branch and fill a form to get an extra cheque book.
How to apply for a new cheque book online
- In addition to regular online banking services, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank also allows its clients to apply for a new cheque book through mobile and internet banking.
- The only condition is that a client must be registered as a user of net banking of mobile banking services.
- One can easily request a new cheque book using this facility but first they have to log into the bank’s official website https://www.tmbnet.in/collapsible2.html with their password and username.
- Next, one has to choose from several drop-down menus to click on the right option.
- For this option, one has to first download the bank’s mobile application, TMP mConnect, which is available for download on Google Play store.
- The app allows you to request a new cheque book from anywhere in the world, 24×7 and 365 days of a year.