We are sure that you know about the Provident Fund and the Employee Provident Fund Organization of India. All these things are delivered to the end users with help of the UAN.
Here is All About Unique Account Number
UAN stands for Universal Account Number and it has basically unified the Provident Fund Account Numbers. What does this mean to the user? Well, the answer is simple, this has unified all the PF Account Number under one universal key which is UAN. With help of UAN, the government is able to improve the user experience and the government is able to deliver a wide range of services to the user. Let us now look into more details related to UAN,
What is a Unique Account Number?
As mentioned earlier, UAN stands for Universal Account Number and a lot of people often refer to it as Unique Account Number. This number is unique for every user and there can be multiple Provident Fund accounts linked to the UAN. You can log in to the EPFO Portal and avail the services with help of the UAN Number. The services that are available are a transfer of PF from one account to another, Full Withdrawal and Partial Withdrawal of PF and much more. All this integration has been made possible with help of the UAN Number.
How to know your UAN?
You have read enough about UAN Number now and we are sure that you would want to know your UAN Number. If you do not already know your UAN Number then you can refer to your salary slip and you will find your UAN Number for yourself. If that doesn’t work for you then you can go ahead and follow the steps below to know your UAN Number.
- Navigate to the EPF India Member’s Portal with help of the link – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- On this page, you will notice some of the options under the Login Tab. From there, click on Know Your UAN Status. You can access this service with help of the direct link – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/no-auth/uanActivation/knowUan?_HDIV_STATE_=7-6-E722A0A802B109D94827F4A964ACA17B
- Now, enter your Aadhaar Card Number or PAN Number and along with that, enter your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and Email Address. Once you enter the details, click on Get Authorization Pin.
- This will trigger the OTP request and you will receive an OTP on your mobile. Enter the OTP and click on Validate OTP and get UAN Number.
- After the OTP is verified, you will get the UAN Number on your mobile along with the status of your UAN Number. If in case, your UAN Number is inactive, simply activate it by clicking on Activate UAN Number on EPF Member’s Portal.
This was the procedure to know your UAN Number. If none of these things works then you may contact the HR in your company to get the UAN Number.
How can I get my UAN Universal Account Number?
A few months ago, it was quite easy to get the UAN Number. It was possible for the users to get the UAN Number with help of the Aadhaar Number but for some reason, the service has been discontinued. To get your UAN Number, you do not have to do anything now. When you join your first job, the UAN Number is generated for you and this is done after you complete all your formalities.
It can take a few weeks to get the UAN Number but as of now, this is the only way to get the UAN. It should be noted that a person can have only 1 UAN and hence if you already have UAN number then you do not need another one for yourself.
How to Activate and Log in to the EPFO Website Using UAN?
If you haven’t logged in to your UAN Account earlier then there is a high possibility that your UAN is inactive. You need to activate your UAN number before you can log in to your UAN Account and avail the benefits of the UAN. Here is how you can activate your UAN and login to your account.
- Once again navigate to the EPF India Member’s Portal with help of the link – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on Activate your UAN from this page and the direct link to the page is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/no-auth/uanActivation/activationForm?_HDIV_STATE_=6-7-5081C7F4BF4EDC87CACCB1CD4EFFD431.
- Here, enter the details like UAN Number, Name, Date of Birth and Mobile Number. Click on get Authorization PIN after entering all the details and you will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP in the given box and validate the OTP to activate the UAN. You will also get the password for logging in to UAN Now.
To log in, visit the EPFO Portal with help of the link mentioned in the first point and on the homepage, enter the UAN Number and the password for yourself. Once you enter the details, click on Login and you will be redirected to the dashboard of your account. If it says Error then visit – How to Fix UAN Error Saying Password Not Available
What are the Features & Benefits of UAN?
You are now aware of the process to find your UAN and login to your UAN Account. Let us now take a brief look at the features and benefits of UAN. So, here are the details.
- UAN Number is unique for every user and enables the user to check the details related to EPF.
- UAN Not only allows the user to check the details but it also offers several services. There is no need to fill in forms to transfer or withdraw PF as this can be done online now.
- You can check your EPF Passbook with help of UAN in 2 simple steps and the passbook is updated in real time.
- There are several other features coming up for UAN but they will be rolled out slowly and steadily for the users.
- The UAN has made it possible to deliver the services in one central place with a lot of ease and high level of integration.
- The UAN Number remains constant so the change in the job doesn’t impact it.
- UAN has also made it possible for the employee to check the details on mobile and receive regular updates on mobile. This means that the employee now experiences a high level of security.
- The employer can verify the employee background with help of UAN and this promotes higher transparency while seeking jobs.
How can Employees Benefit from Knowing UAN?
We talked about the benefits of UAN for the employee as well as an employer in general in the above section but let us now look at these benefits in a more specific form for the employee.
- It is now easy to keep the track of services because of the UAN Facilities. The employee can track the deposits, balance and other details in account with help of UAN.
- The user can now transfer and withdraw the EPF without filling the long forms or without visiting the employer.
- It is also possible to declare the nominee information with help of UAN Number. You can even download the UAN Card with help of the UAN Number
- The employee gets the monthly updates now and this helps the employee in ensuring that the PF is deposited to the account on time.
What are the Documents Required?
Here is a list of documents that are required to get a UAN.
- Bank Account Information like Account Number, IFSC Code, and Name of Account.
- ID Proof and Age proof like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card.
- Address Proof like Aadhaar Number or Passport
- It should be noted that it is mandatory to have Aadhaar Card and PAN Card to get the UAN Number.
This was all the information about UAN. For more information about UAN or EPF, you may get in touch with the HR of your company and they will surely be happy to explain you the benefits of UAN along with other aspects of PF.