The Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) internet banking is an online banking service provided by the bank to its customers to access and transact their accounts 24/7 round-the-year. The bank’s internet banking service offers access to several facilities including viewing account statement, checking the status of cheque transactions, opening deposits, fund transfer, to name a few. Before registering for the internet banking service of IOB, ensure that you have your mobile number and email ID registered with the bank.
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Net Banking Online
IOB stands for Indian Overseas Bank and it is another Public Sector Bank in India. Indian Overseas Bank was incepted in the year 1937 and it has completed 82 years of operations. Talking about the services, Indian Overseas Bank offers a wide spectrum of banking and financial services to the customer.
In terms of branches, Indian Overseas Bank has more than 3400 branches in India. A major portion of these branches are located in Tamil Nadu and the count is estimated to be 1150. The bank has international branches as well which are located in Singapore, Seoul, Bangkok, Colombo, Vietnam, Dubai and Malaysia. Apart from the branches, the bank has almost 3300 ATMs in the country which again helps the people in making it easy to carry out the transaction.
You might be surprised to know that Indian Overseas Bank also has an in-house technology wing which creates applications and software for Indian Overseas Bank. It also created the net banking solutions for the customers and it offers a good user experience. If you have an account with Indian Overseas Bank then you can follow the process listed below to avail different services for Net Banking.
Steps to Register / Activate Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Net Banking
Earlier you had to visit the Indian Overseas Bank Branch to register for the net banking but the bank took the feedback from the customers and decided to get this facility online for the customer. Now, you can register for the net banking with help of the Indian Overseas Bank Website. Let us now look at the procedure to register for net banking.
- Visit the Indian Overseas Bank Website and the link to the website is www.iobnet.co.in. This will take you to the homepage of the website.
- On the left side of the page, you will notice an option for Individual Login. Just below the button, there is an option for Register. Click on the button and you will be taken to the registration page.
- Enter the Login ID and create a password. Also, enter the Personal Details and also the Account Details
- You will be asked to validate the details and once the validation is complete, you will be able to login to your Indian Overseas Bank Account.
Steps to Obtain Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Net Banking ID and Password
We have looked at the process to create the Login ID and Password during the registration in the section listed above. Let us now talk about the process to login to the bank account. It should be noted that you must have completed the registration before you try and login to the account.
- Visit the Indian Overseas Bank Website and click on Individual Login from the left side of the page. The link for the login page is www.iobnet.co.in
- Enter your Login ID and Login Password. This will simply take you to the dashboard of your account. If you are not able to recall the password then you may refer to the next section as we have listed the process to reset the password in the next section.
How to Change Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Net Banking Password / Forgot Password
With Indian Overseas Bank it is possible to change and recover the password for internet banking. You can refer to the details below for the exact procedure to reset or change the password.
- To change the password, you can go ahead and login to internet banking. Visit the account settings and click on change password. From here, you will be able to change the password by just entering the old and the new password.
- If you forgot your password then you must go ahead and visit the Login Page. There is an option for Forgot Password under the submit button and you need to click on the option to proceed. You can now enter the Login ID, Account Number, Email ID, and Captcha Code. Verify the details and you will receive an OTP. After verifying the OTP, you will be able to create a password for yourself.
How to Change Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Net Banking Pin / Forgot Pin
As per the information available, it is not possible to change the PIN of the Debit Card via Net Banking. You can change the PIN using the ATM if you remember your old PIN. If you forgot your PI then you would need to get in touch with the Bank and request them to reset the PIN. The new Pin is sent in a mail to your registered address.
Ensure that you do not write the PIN on your Debit Card and also do not share the PIN with anyone. This will guard you against the financial frauds.
How to Deactivate Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Net Banking
Just like all other banks, Indian Overseas Bank allows the customer to deactivate the net banking facility. One of the ways to deactivate the net banking facility is to write an application and submit it in any of the branches. The executive in the branch will activate the net banking instantly. If it is an urgent request and if you notice any unusual activity on the bank then you must go ahead and deactivate the net banking by calling the Indian Overseas Bank. The contact number for Indian Overseas Bank helpline is 1800 425 4445.