Thane Janata Sahakari Bank (TJSB) is a well-known co-operative bank which was set up in the year 1972. The bank has climbed its way to one of the most customer-friendly banks. At present, the bank has over 136 branches which committed towards customer service and it is also one the ideology that the bank works on. Thane Janata Sahakari Bank also has CBS solutions which help in the centralization of records. As mentioned earlier, the bank has 136 branches and along with over 130 ATMs, the bank serves the geographical area of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, and Gujarat. You might be surprised to know that the bank even has a cheque deposit machine which processes the cheques for the customers. Apart from this, the machine can also issue personalized cheque books for the customers.
If you have an account with Thane Janata Sahakari Bank then you must enable the internet banking for yourself. If you haven’t yet enabled the internet banking and if you are having troubles with it then do not worry as there are all the details about Thane Janata Sahakari Bank Net banking Portal.
Steps To Register / Activate TJSB Net Banking
If you wish to use the net banking for Thane Janata Sahakari Bank then you would need to get this activated first. The process of activating the net banking is listed below.
- You need to visit the bank branch of Thane Janata Sahakari Bank and you would need to obtain an application to apply for Thane Janata Sahakari Bank Internet banking from there.
- Fill in the application with the required details and once that is done, you need to verify the details after filling them. Simply submit the form after you verify it.
- The bank will then activate the net banking portal for you. You will receive a PIN Mailer to you. Your net banking will be activated with this.
This was the process to register for net banking. In the next section, we will share the process to login to the net banking.
Steps to Obtain Thane Janata Sahakari Bank ID and Password
In this section, we are going to talk about the steps required to be followed for logging in to the net banking. You would need your password and Net Banking ID to proceed. The net banking ID is the user ID which can be taken from the welcome kit and the login password is the one that you received via mail.
- To start the process, you need to visit the website for Thane Janata Sahakari Bank. The link to the website is www.tjsbbank.co.in
- On the right side of the page, click on Net Banking and click on Login. Enter your Login ID and enter your Login Password now.
- Click on the Login button and on the first login, you will be asked to change your login ID and Password. Change the login as well as transaction passwords to go ahead with the banking process.
How to Change TJSB Bank Password /Forgot Password
There are times when you might want to change the Password or when you might need to recover the passwords. Below is the process for the same.
- Change Password – It is possible to change the login as well as transaction password and the process is certainly simple. You need to login to your account and visit the profile section. You will notice the option for changing the password. Enter your old and new password to change it.
- Forgot Password – If you have forgotten your password then visit the login page of the bank and click on forgot password link. This will take you to a new page. Once that is done, you will be prompted to enter the net banking ID and mobile number. This also triggers an OTP request. Enter the OTP and you will now be able to set up a new password for your account.
How to Change Thane Janata Sahakari Bank (TJSB) Pin/ Forgot Pin
You need to visit the ATM to change the Pin in case of Thane Janata Sahakari Bank. Once you are ATM, just follow the standard procedure to change the PIN. It should be noted that if you forgot your ATM PIN then you would need to visit the bank and submit an application for issuing the new PIN.
How to Deactivate Thane Janata Sahakari Bank (TJSB)
It is not possible to deactivate the net banking all by yourself. You would need to visit the branch to request the deactivation of the net banking service. To make a request, submit a written application which is addressed to the manager of the branch. Also, if you notice any unexpected activity on your account then you can call on 1800 223 466 for an immediate deactivation of the net banking service. The customer care executive will guide you through with the details.