Andhra Bank is an Indian Bank with its headquarters in Hyderabad. The bank was founded in the year 1923 by Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya. The bank offers a wide array of services to the customers and this has helped the bank is establishing the roots deep into the ground. Just like other banks, Andhra Bank has also digitalized all the service and one of the main aspects of digitalization is Mobile Number.
You receive your OTPs and the Notifications on your Mobile Number via SMS and hence it is quite important to keep the number updated. If you have not updated or if you have not registered the mobile number with your Andhra Bank account then you are the right place. We have listed the procedure to change or register the mobile number in Andhra Bank for you.
In the case of Andhra Bank, it is quite easy to change the mobile number so do not worry about the procedure. There are two different ways that you can basically follow to change the mobile number. One is by visiting the branch and the second way to change or register the mobile number is by visiting the mobile number. We will now talk about the process to change the mobile number with help of Branch Visit first and then we will talk about the second method.
Steps to Change Mobile Number in Andhra Bank by Visiting Branch
Follow the steps listed below to change the mobile number by visiting the branch.
- You can visit the nearest branch of Andhra Bank in your area. It is not mandatory to visit the home branch. Once you are in the branch, obtain a KYC Form.
To locate the nearest branch, you can use the Andhra Bank Website. Follow the page https://www.andhrabank.in/english/LocatorsPg.aspx and you can then find the Branch locator and ATM Locator here.
- Start filling in the form and you will need the details like you Aadhaar Card Number, Account Number and the New Mobile Number. You also need to write down the reason for the change in number.
- Once this is done, you can sign the form and verify the details entered by you. Post verification, submit the form to the bank executive. The executive will now verify your identity and take the request.
- Obtain the acknowledgment receipt from the executive and you are good to go. The number will be changed within 2 to 5 working days depending on the SLA of the service.
Steps to Change Mobile Number in Andhra Bank by Visiting ATM
If you do not wish to visit the branch to change the number then you can also register your mobile number with help of ATM. To do this, you need to have your ATM Card along with the Debit card PIN. If you have both these things then you can follow the process below.
- Visit the nearest ATM for Andhra Bank or any other bank for that matter. Swipe your card and you will see many options on the screen.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the PIN of the card and once that is done, a list of options will be displayed.
- From the list of options, select Services and once the list of services is updated, click on Register/Deregister Phone Number.
- Enter the new phone number here and click on the register button. This will complete the registration process for the new number.
=>You May Like to know – Andhra Bank Net Banking Online – How to Register/ Activate?
We noticed many threads on the internet which claims that it is possible to update the number by calling customer services or by the use of Online Banking but to be honest, this is not true. We tried contacting the customer service to change the mobile number and we were informed that the number can only be changed with help of the two processes listed above. This is done because of the security reasons.
In addition to this, if you wish to get any further clarification, you can get in touch with the bank. The toll-free number for Andhra Bank is 1800 425 1515 and the number for support regarding internet banking is 040- 2312 2297. You can also email the branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.